The Cinematic Moment

Monday, March 13, 2006

The First Time After A Very Long Time.

Its been ages since I'm blogging, but I think this is the best thing to let people know how I'm doing since I'm far away. I'm back into the blogging scene, hopefully. I'm bad at this though.

Its been 1 and a half months since I left Singapore. It's been smooth so far, amazingly God has taken care of every detail. I did a Bridging Chemistry course for 3 weeks and stayed at a hall called St Magaret's College. There I made a few friends. It was a pretty intensive 3 weeks of Chemistry, having not touched Science subjects for 7 years. I achieved 87% for the course. Hopefully that will happen for my my real subjects. I shifted to my new hostel after the course. Now I'm at Aquinas College. It's quite a distance from the university, but its good for studying since its a small hall of 160 students compared to bigger halls which have an average of 300-400 students.

Then I had a week of University Orientation where you could do anything you like for one week. I attended some concerts in the Union Hall here at the University of Otago. The music was really good. Loads of bands here have a horn sections. Mostly reggae and funk mix. Pretty cool music I must say. The music scene here is good. They really treasure their local music. Their local music are topping the charts. Hopefully I'll get to work with some of these people when I'm free.

My official course "Health Sciences First Year (Bsc)" has finally started. It is really competitive. There are about 2000 students doing this course this year, all trying to get into professional courses such as Medicine, Medical Laboratory Science, Dentistry, Pharmacy and Physiotherapy. But usually people drop out of this course, as they feel they do not have the ability to get through the course. I'm doing Chemistry, Biology, Physics and English this semester. Its really packed and most of the studying is for you to do on your own. You attend an hour lecture, and you should put about at least 2 hours researching into that area. The stuff I'm learning is good and interesting. Its really in depth into cell organelles and their functions. Lab is fun too.

I'm been attending a church called Elim Christian Centre. Their worship is similar to Grace Assembly's. There are about 600 people attending regularly, many of them are students. There are a lot of Malaysians and Singaporeans here as well. I just joined the worship team. Should be going through auditioning and probation soon.

I just bought a Toyota Celica SII, Manual, 180 BHP, 0-60mph in 7.5 seconds. Can't wait to own it this friday. Ha. Anyways, I'll blog soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home